ANIMAC 2017 GUIDELINES
Animac is an International Animation Film Exhibition organized and produced by the Lleida City Council (Ajuntament de Lleida).
Dates and location
The 21st edition of Animac will be held from March 2nd to 5th, 2017 in Lleida (Catalonia – Spain).
In order to participate in Animac it is necessary to fill the Entry Form, and send it (by post or e-mail) with a viewing copy of the film on DVD (by post) or Quicktime (mov) or mp4, codec H264 (either post or e-mail) to the following addresses:
- Ordinary Mail:
Regidoria de Cultura · Ajuntament de Lleida
Av. Blondel, 64
Tel. 0034 973 700 325
Fax. 0034 973 700 432
Shipping manager link (We Transfer, Dropbox, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Animac film festival uses Movibeta to host and stream your video. You can register using the procedure online via this LINK.
- Only the participant and the administrator of the festival will have access to preview or download your film.
- For the highest quality streaming online check which file is recommended (http://festival.movibeta.com/web/controllers/siteController.php?action=5)
- Check FAQ LINK (http://festival.movibeta.com/web/controllers/siteController.php?action=5) about online sending procedure.
- Any doubt relating online sending will be solved at email@example.com. We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozzilla for a quick and safe upload. If it is possible do not use a wi fi connection to upload your film.
Films submitted in a format other than those mentioned above may not be registered for selection.
Works and Participants
- Every single national or international producers or directors can participate in Animac.
- Each participant may submit as many films as desired, but they must fulfill the registration requirements.
- There is no length or production year of the film restriction.
- It is necessary to include a minimum of two images of the film / screenshots (JPEG or TIFF, with at least 300 dpi resolution).
- If the language of the film is not Spanish or Catalan, the viewing copy must have English subtitles and the original script must be included in a word or pdf document
- The selected films have to have a screening copy available in any of the following screen formats: HD quicktime or mp4 codec h264, BluRay, DCP.
The author must have obtained the copyrights / permission to use any music or images included in his/her film. The Festival is not responsible of any lawsuit arising as a result of a breach of copyright through the public exhibition of films that contain copyrighted material.
The deadline for entries is October 31th, 2016.
Once the registration is completed, its withdrawn is not possible.
Selection process will be carried out by the Animac management in accordance with criteria considered by its direction. The organization will notify the results of the selection before the January 20th, 2017 and only to the authors of the selected films. Selected films must be sent in the optimum screening format before February 3rd, 2017. The DVD copies of the films not selected for the official program can be consulted, under the organization supervise and in the Open Screen section or other Animac activities.
The films stills of the selected films may be used to illustrate promote and communicate Animac (catalogue, magazine, press, webpage and media in general). The organization is committed to use the several promotion materials respecting the conditions indicated in the Entry Form.
Shipment of the copies
Animac assumes the responsibility of picking up and returning back the screening copies of the selected films to its author/producer/distributor. Once Animac is concluded, the films will be returned back in three weeks maximum. If the copy has to be returned to another festival or exhibition, Animac will not cover the expenses for that. Animac shall not be held responsible for any return delays caused by reasons beyond the organization's control.
Copies sent for the registration -both selected and non-selected- won't be returned and will be included in the data base and video library of Animac, and shall not be screened in public without having obtained expressed permission from the author.
The organization doesn't assume any responsibility concerning to damages suffered by copies other that in case of negligence by the organization.
Acceptance of guidelines
Participation in Animac implies the full acceptance of these guidelines.